Explore ways to create more breathing room, peace, and ease in your every day
Private & Corporate Yoga
You don't have to be super bendy or dripping with sweat to benefit from practicing yoga.
I teach students of all experience levels, from beginners just starting on their yoga journey to more experienced practitioners seeking to grow in their practice or sharpen their alignment.
Our bodies differ from day to day.
I meet you where you are at right now.
Whether you are coming back from an injury or illness, pregnant or postpartum, feeling stressed out or anxious from current circumstances in your life, or getting back to yoga after time away from your mat, we will work on what your physical, mental, and emotional bodies need right now.
Whether it's in a corporate office, in a private home, virtually while you're traveling, or a special event, I work with you no matter the environment, no matter the class size:
- Corporate Yoga in offices or conference rooms
- Private Yoga in homes or studios
- Semi-Private Yoga with a group of friends
- Online via Skype, Zoom, or Google Hangouts
I specialize and hold advanced certifications in a variety of yoga styles and modalities:
- Vinyasa (including Beginner Yoga): A yoga class that synchronizes breath with purposeful, mindful movement. Whether you are new/newish or an experienced yogi, we will focus on building equal length, equal strength to improve your ability to move functionally and efficiently.
Breath and stillness are also incorporated into this class for healthy mental alignment and to organize the nervous system. Through vinyasa, you'll help yourself get out of your own way, break through mental barriers, and create breathing room around the tight spaces in your life.
- Restorative: A receptive, restful practice where we create a healing environment in the body with mindful grounding movements, floor poses supported by yoga props (bolsters, blankets, and blocks), guided breathwork, and insight meditation. In the stillness and quiet, we will turn our gaze to the inward transformation, observing the shift and balance of the nervous system, the release of knots and tension, and the creation of spaciousness and clarity of the mind. Once you discover and understand how you feel when you are truly relaxed on the mat, you will be able to more effectively find ways to release and relax in your day to day off the mat.
- Yin: Think of yin as a big whole body exhale. We focus on the body's "invisible" half by holding floor poses in stillness with the support of yoga props (bolsters, blankets, blocks) to allow the muscles to relax and the work to take place deep down in the body's critical joints and connective tissues.
Yin's passive, meditative 2-5 minute holds strengthen and hydrate the body's ligaments, tendons, cartilage, and fascia that will help increase range of motion and decrease tissue degeneration so you can live out your life with more mobility and durability.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra, or "Yogic Sleep," is the ancient yogic science of deep relaxation and guided meditation that can help you experience a profound release of tension and stress and help you connect with the deep sense of peace that comes from pure and complete relaxation. In Yoga Nidra, I guide students deep into meditation using ancient, systematic relaxation techniques that help brain waves slow down, bringing about a state of extreme relaxation - physically, energetically, and mentally/emotionally. After a Yoga Nidra practice, you may feel as clear and refreshed as if you have enjoyed 3-4 hours of sleep.
- Prenatal: Whether you're in your first trimester or third, I can help you move in a way that feels good in your body throughout your entire pregnancy journey. Whether you want a slower, more relaxing practice or want to move and be in your body, the pace and style of class is designed to help you feel good in your body as you are growing new life.
Meditation isn't learning how to stop your thoughts. We are by nature thinking, thoughtful beings.
Meditation is a practice of developing compassionate awareness to change your relationship to your thoughts.
Meditation is learning how to train your attention in a compassionate way and improve your ability to be present in your life.
Meditation has been shown to:
- Increase spaciousness and clarity of the mind to improve decision making
- Decrease emotional and mental weight
- Experience a better night's sleep
- Lower high blood pressure
- Shed layers of stress and anxiety
- Physically remodel the brain, creating new neural pathways and increasing gray matter
I can help you discover the benefits of meditation and develop a personal meditation practice through private guided mediation sessions and
corporate meditation and mindfulness classes.
Reiki is a beautiful healing modality and energy medicine practice. "Reiki" in Japanese means Life Force Energy. Reiki harnesses universal energy in the interest of creating balance.
Reiki practitioners act as facilitators of this universal life force energy, helping improve the flow and balance of energy in a beneficial way.
By placing hands on or over a person's body, practitioners allow reiki to flow where it is needed most for healing the mind, body, emotions, and spirit. Reiki is passing through the practitioner rather than coming from the practitioner. In this way, practitioners are conduits, channeling the universal energy to enhance and balance energy in the recipient's body.
As a Level I Reiki Practitioner, I am available to meet for a 30 or 60 minute Reiki Treatment where we will work collaboratively to create a sacred space for healing, growth, and transformation.
Openings & Rates
For information on my openings and rates, please feel free to email me directly
stephanie [dot] kirkos [at] gmail [dot] com
I look forward to hearing from you.